Alrewas Show

About Us

The Alrewas and District Agricultural and Horticultural Society was formed in 1879 primarily as a flower, fruit and vegetable show where villagers were able to compete with locally grown produce.

Some years later it changed to become Alrewas and District Agricultural and Horticultural Society then incorporating horses, cattle and sheep.

It has been held every year with the exception of the First World War, the foot and mouth outbreaks in 2001 and again in 2007 and 2012 due to flooding of the Showground.

The Society registered as a charity in 1982, and in 2018 became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. The Society owns the field that provides the venue for the annual Alrewas Show.

Click on the image above to download a brief history of the Alrewas Show.

©2019 Alrewas Show. All Rights Reserved

The Alrewas Show is run by the Alrewas and District Agricultural and Horticultural Society

Registered Charity no. 1178661

   

PRIVACY  |  SITE MAP

Site designed and sponsored by Spectrum Web Products